Influencer marketing is becoming one of the most popular and effective ways to reach potential customers. Bloggers, YouTubers and Instagram models are one of the largest driving forces for consumerism and are creating vibrant communities online. And these online communities are generating loyal brand ambassadors who not only buy your product, but talk about it with others.
So how do you get bloggers to talk about your product? How do you get an influencer in your industry to talk about you?
Check out these 6 tips on how to reach out to bloggers/YouTubers/Instagram Pages and get your content shared!
- Compensate. You cannot expect a blogger to do a feature of your product for free. You can pay them money or you can give them free product. It depends on your budget. But be upfront about this from the beginning.
- Make it personal. Make each e-mail personal. Call them by name, and reference something from their blog. They will not be willing to work with you if they feel you are mass messaging bloggers.
- Do NOT send a press release. Bloggers and journalists black list these. They’re not at all personal and are just full of advertising jargon. Send them a personalized e-mail like the one we share below.
- Keep it short. Bloggers get a lot of pitches every day. I had a food blog and was flooded weekly with restaurants wanting me to come out to check out their menu. I even went to the states and New York a few times with these opportunities. It’s fun for bloggers, but we get a lot, so be short, sweet, to the point and share a bit of information about your company.
- Interact with them on social media first. Try to “date” them, before you pop the big question. Follow them on social media, comment on their content, share their blog posts and so on. Create a relationship with them first. This will make them more likely to help you out.
- Don’t use a PR agency to do this. Let them know they’re dealing with a business who cares and reaches out personally. They will also feel more “special” to know you sought them out personally.
My name is Lindsay Tompkins and I am the owner of the fashion accessories line, ________.
I have been following your blog for a while and absolutely love the content that you post. I think my favourite post so far has been ______ because of __________. We love your look and use it for inspiration with our own posts!
Amy, I’m reaching out to you because I would love the opportunity to work with you! We would like to send _______ from our website to review.
I think that your customers will love this product because ________.
Amy if this is something you are interested in let me know! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to reach me at
PHONE and E-MAIL.
Look forward to chatting soon,