One of the most important things about your Instagram profile is your BIO. You can access your bio on your Instagram app under Edit Profile.
Here are 6 tips to help you curate a bio that will grab your ideal client’s attention:
- Include Your Name. Seems obvious right? Wrong! Lots of people are forgetting about putting their real name in, which means that people aren’t sure who they are following or connecting with.
- Tell People What You Do. Most people make the mistake of trying to tell people who they are. Meaning instead of saying, “I am a social media manager” say something like, “I help small business owners and passionate entrepreneurs increase their brand equity and sales using social media.” When you tell people who you are, you’re gambling on whether or not they actually know what that means. Instead, tell people what you do and how you can help them.
- Share What You Stand For. Are you passionate about a cause? Share it! People love getting to know you personally and see if they align with your values. Remember, people do business with people they want to be friends with!
- Call to Action. Instagram is all about quick views of images. So how do you get your customers to buy from you or learn more about your business? Be sure to have a call-to-action in your bio that takes them somewhere else. Whether that be your website, blog, Facebook Page, Facebook Group and so on.
- Emojis. Don’t forget these fun and colourful elements! Adding emojis to your profile helps your bio look more aesthetically pleasing and helps reinforce what you’re all about.
- Major Accomplishments. Don’t forget to brag on yourself a little. Best-selling author? Received an award or recognition for your business? Share it! It helps validate you as an influencer and an expert. (Note: For network marketers and direct sellers, don’t share your specific title. Most people don’t know (or care) what a Double Diamond Director is. However, if your intention on Instagram is to recruit, you can let people know that you are a leader in you industry and are looking for other aspiring entrepreneurs to join you on a journey.)
Do you have a killer bio or are struggling with writing yours? I invite you to comment below and share it with us!